Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Modification of My Swedish Christmas Table 2012

Yes, indeed!

Honestly, I never think about doing a typical Swedish Christmas tablesetting, since I came to Sweden. I don't know what I was doing. I was just stuck and did not notice, or was that just we always celebrated the Christmas dinner with GH family. We stopped the dinner when  the kiddos are grown-up and they celebrate their own.

This year, both kiddos are home to celebrate the Christmas. Lil Missy came home for a 3 weeks winter break and the Kiddoboy  want to be with us as well. Isn't it a great Christmas present when your loveones are gathered around you? I don't need any gifts. If I want something, either me or GH could buy, any time of the year. I told my family that togetherness and good health are the highlight of my Christmas, this year. Specially, this Christmas is our first Christmas without my parents, their grandparents.

Here are the shots of my modified Swedish/Pinoy(Americanized Table)
 I started with burlap tablecloth, so Swedish  and the dishes are Swedish too...

 Vintage Swedish but French design flatwares "Lily"
 Drinking glass are from IKEA, Sweden very own export name...
 Green stoneware plates are Höganäs
Christmas chickadee on a Cedar branch is a very Swedish deco (made by me) 




 Christmas village is American adapted in The Philippines


 I can't resist re-using my mulled wine set "hearts" sign coz my family is complete
 Christmas set with JUL as Christmas and Billy goat
 Advent candle holder is Made in Sweden. I use this all year round
 Reindeers is special made of real Swedish reindeer fur from Lappland
 Swedish acorns, Jule/Billy goat, oldest Scandinavian Christmas tradition
 Burlap painted as Merry Christmas 
****************************************************
JUST SOME SNAPSHOTS...



 Mini frosted Christmas trees signed as Swedish
Finnish said, Sta live in Finland but Sweden have their own version must see!
Pls press the link and you will find and exciting adventure. I been there---
*********************************************************************
THEN, CHRISTMAS DINNER 



This are the name tags!  Sorry for blurry pix
 Our centerpiece, signed of abundancy
Just served enough! But still lot become left-overs...
 During  Christmas dinner/whimsical with all the light
I love the scenery with my Christmas Eve, my table with my jewels...
The bonding and share the sweet moments
Choco fondant (not a good quality pix)
Rice A´la Malta is Swedish typical Christmas dessert (My style)
Here we are All... Together US one... D´Nics

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Wishes YÁll a Peaceful/Bountiful
NEW YEAR...

Linking to BNOP

Kommentarer

  1. Your table is so enchanting with the Christmas village as the centerpiece. Love the family photo.
    Merry Christmas, Chie!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Så mysigt med hela familjen och vackra saker. Du får ha en god fortsättning.

    Kram

    SvaraRadera
  3. Great table and terrific decorations, my friend..aaand the food looks yummy! The most beautiful?..it's got to be you and your family! Merry Christmas sweet friend.
    FABBY

    SvaraRadera


  4. Lovely decorations.gives a impression you had a great time.the food looks delicious.candle holder and your Swedish rein deer are very cute.lighting just beautiful for the occasion.have a great day....:):):)

    SvaraRadera
  5. Oh, wow, Chie! You guys had a GREAT Christmas celebration!!! You really did it up right for your family this year!!! I know they loved and appreciated the effort and talent you put into it! I love the way the table looked toward the end with all the twinkle lights around. Very pretty! (How do you stay so skinny when you cook such good food??!?!!) Your Swedish table is cool, too! You had lots of cool stuff on there that we can't get or don't see in the U.S. So your table is not only pretty, but educational! I love that!!! I had to Google "god jul" to see what it meant in English: Best wishes! I hope I can remember that for next year! Such a nice family photo at the end!!!!!!! God jul and have a great day!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Everything is just lovely, Chie. The décor and food all look amazing!
    Wishing you a happy and blessed new year.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    SvaraRadera
  7. Beautiful post! Gorgeous tablescape, very warm and inviting.
    Hope you had a dazzling Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    A Very Happy New Year to you and yours!

    Greetings from Singapore~ Sanghamitra

    SvaraRadera
  8. I'm so glad that you shared this with us. I agree...having family close to share this special time makes it ever so much better. I loved all the Swedish elements that you used for your table and decoration. Some beautiful pieces! The picture of the table with all the twinkle lights is especially magical. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    SvaraRadera
  9. Your Christmas table is darling! I can tell a lot of love and thought went into the preparation. I especially love the photo with all the lights, it's just magical! Happy New Year!

    SvaraRadera
  10. I just left you a comment that got lost apparently. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your beautiful table.

    Happy New Year!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Thank you for your visit and leaving such nice comments. For me, it's a glorious feelings as I am not a familiar blogger of the world. I really am grateful for knowing You all.
Blessings...

P.S.
If you want to send an email, pls send to chie293@gmail.com and not on what is given by default. Thanks

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Having a BALL in our Outdoor cozy lounge...

AT LAST!!! Isn't it an easy life when our weather is not that HOT or too COLD ? ***  Det är så underbart liv när vädret tillåter. Absolut man får njuta det ljuva livet i solen. This is the time when I move our lounge outdoor and just loving to pamper it with my simple way and a dash of a chic style (at least) I feel it. *** En härlig dag sån här årstid. Jag flyttade vardagsrummet i uteverandan och den älskar jag. En enkel stil med en liten chic-touch! Here is my new outdoor LOUNGE!!!   Me & GH went for a morning walk (as always)   Preparing for a cozy outdoor lounge... I move the buffé table and gathered my treasures...  I gathered all my pensies in my galvanized tray... Cotton cookie holder from Malta with a St. John's cross My wrought cloche which I wanted to rust but still long way to go...  Mini grill? GH asked! Guess NOT! Don't you like it?   This corner will be a drink corner and ready to serve us... GH cho

Inherited--- A Vintage and Delicate Treasure

A sofisticated to my eyes... When I was young, I know what we had on top of my family's table. I don't really care what kind of treasures we had? I just remember that my grandfather had a very fine china set and unfortunately ended to a wrong greedy grandchildren, my first cousin's wife. Mum inhereted some of the set and as I recall she adored them till her last breath. If I am still living in The Philippines, I would love to keep them by myself. Hopefully, dear sis will adore as Mum does. Then, my new life started when I marry GH and move to Stockholm, Sweden 25 yrs ago. I know my love of kitchen/tables gadgets, i.e. household utensils, deep in my heart. It was already forseen by many of our friends--- my pedantic way and the love of a house to make it a home. I thank you Mum for that. It is true the saying " what we had experienced from our childhood, is what we get when we have our own" ? Well, when GH mother passed away 2 decades ago, GH inherite

The first real Amazing Spring Day...

AT LAST... This is really the first day with a great sunshine! It was just a busy day but we are  HAPPY ...  indeed   So, here was our day... An absolutely fine day... me & GH went for a walk... to see---- Cherry blossoms BlooM to the Max... this is one of the attraction in time like this in Kingsgarden... On the way home, this advertisement from 7-Eleven catches my attention... Then met these witches, LoL* sharing their goodies... that's another way around, huh? Then, when we came home, nothing can stop US... GH fix the gazebo in the mini-house in the garden... And the real witch is busy with her chores! Guess she is ready to party! When you see clothes hanging outdoor? That is really a hot day, :-) I hope you have a great weekend, too. Enjoy and have a blessed Easter Sunday to You All. God Bless Us All... Matthew 6:14-15 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also for